Former AIR news reader Ramachandran missing
Thiruvananthapuram: Writer and former AIR news reader Mavelikkara Ramachandran is reported missing prompting some activists here to seek intervention of Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, who has directed authorities concerned to look into the matter.
In a memorandum submitted to the minister yesterday, Ramachandran`s friends, including novelist and former Director of Public Relations G N Panicker and `Indian Lawyers Congress` state president P Rahim, said there has been no response from his mobile phone.
The Home Minister has asked the authorities to look into the matter, officials said.
Ramachandran, a bachelor, who was staying in a rented lodge near Shankhumugham beach here had not returned to the lodge after leaving the premises a few weeks ago, according to his friends and neighbours.
He was not keeping well for some time and had undergone treatment at an ayurvedic centre. A person who met him last near his lodge said Ramachandran had told him that he would be going to Mumbai. But his whereabouts could not be traced from his contacts in Mumbai either, they said.
Ramachandran, now in his 70s, had read Malayalam news for All India Radio from Delhi for over three decades and had an active presence in the Malayali cultural circles in the national capital. After retirement, he has been staying here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir