Former AIR news reader Ramachandran missing
Thiruvananthapuram: Writer and former AIR news reader Mavelikkara Ramachandran is reported missing prompting some activists here to seek intervention of Home Minister Thiruvanchur Radhakrishnan, who has directed authorities concerned to look into the matter.
In a memorandum submitted to the minister yesterday, Ramachandran`s friends, including novelist and former Director of Public Relations G N Panicker and `Indian Lawyers Congress` state president P Rahim, said there has been no response from his mobile phone.
The Home Minister has asked the authorities to look into the matter, officials said.
Ramachandran, a bachelor, who was staying in a rented lodge near Shankhumugham beach here had not returned to the lodge after leaving the premises a few weeks ago, according to his friends and neighbours.
He was not keeping well for some time and had undergone treatment at an ayurvedic centre. A person who met him last near his lodge said Ramachandran had told him that he would be going to Mumbai. But his whereabouts could not be traced from his contacts in Mumbai either, they said.
Ramachandran, now in his 70s, had read Malayalam news for All India Radio from Delhi for over three decades and had an active presence in the Malayali cultural circles in the national capital. After retirement, he has been staying here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'