Former ISRO scientist approaches HC
Kochi: Former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan on Wednesday approached Kerala High Court challenging the state government order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
The government on June 29, 2011 had decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs KK Joshua and Vijayan.
The petitioner sought for a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
The high court had on Sept 7 this year directed the state government to pay an interim compensation of Rs 10 lakh to Nambinarayanan for keeping him in illegal police custody in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video