Former ISRO scientist approaches HC
Kochi: Former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan on Wednesday approached Kerala High Court challenging the state government order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
The government on June 29, 2011 had decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs KK Joshua and Vijayan.
The petitioner sought for a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
The high court had on Sept 7 this year directed the state government to pay an interim compensation of Rs 10 lakh to Nambinarayanan for keeping him in illegal police custody in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!