Former ISRO scientist approaches HC
Kochi: Former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan on Wednesday approached Kerala High Court challenging the state government order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
The government on June 29, 2011 had decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs KK Joshua and Vijayan.
The petitioner sought for a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
The high court had on Sept 7 this year directed the state government to pay an interim compensation of Rs 10 lakh to Nambinarayanan for keeping him in illegal police custody in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan