Former ISRO scientist approaches HC
Kochi: Former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan on Wednesday approached Kerala High Court challenging the state government order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
The government on June 29, 2011 had decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs KK Joshua and Vijayan.
The petitioner sought for a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
The high court had on Sept 7 this year directed the state government to pay an interim compensation of Rs 10 lakh to Nambinarayanan for keeping him in illegal police custody in connection with the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife