Former ISRO scientist Nambinarayanan`s petition posted after three weeks
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday posted after three weeks a petition filed by former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan challenging the state government`s order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
When the petition came up before Justice T R Ramachandran Nair, he posted it after three weeks for hearing the government.
The government on June 29, 2011 decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs K K Joshua and Vijayan.
Peeved by the order, Nambinarayanan moved the court seeking a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The high court had in September last directed the government to pay Rs 10 lakh as compensation to the former scientist, who was earlier discharged from the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...