Former ISRO scientist Nambinarayanan`s petition posted after three weeks
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday posted after three weeks a petition filed by former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan challenging the state government`s order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
When the petition came up before Justice T R Ramachandran Nair, he posted it after three weeks for hearing the government.
The government on June 29, 2011 decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs K K Joshua and Vijayan.
Peeved by the order, Nambinarayanan moved the court seeking a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The high court had in September last directed the government to pay Rs 10 lakh as compensation to the former scientist, who was earlier discharged from the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog