Former ISRO scientist Nambinarayanan`s petition posted after three weeks
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday posted after three weeks a petition filed by former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan challenging the state government`s order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
When the petition came up before Justice T R Ramachandran Nair, he posted it after three weeks for hearing the government.
The government on June 29, 2011 decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs K K Joshua and Vijayan.
Peeved by the order, Nambinarayanan moved the court seeking a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The high court had in September last directed the government to pay Rs 10 lakh as compensation to the former scientist, who was earlier discharged from the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him