Former ISRO scientist Nambinarayanan`s petition posted after three weeks
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday posted after three weeks a petition filed by former ISRO scientist S Nambinarayanan challenging the state government`s order dropping action against investigating police officers in the 1994 espionage case in which he was falsely charged.
When the petition came up before Justice T R Ramachandran Nair, he posted it after three weeks for hearing the government.
The government on June 29, 2011 decided not to proceed against the investigating officers of the ISRO case -- former ADGP Sibi Mathews and two former SPs K K Joshua and Vijayan.
Peeved by the order, Nambinarayanan moved the court seeking a direction to the state government to initiate appropriate criminal and disciplinary action against these officials.
The high court had in September last directed the government to pay Rs 10 lakh as compensation to the former scientist, who was earlier discharged from the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown