Former Kerala governor dead
Chandigarh: Former Kerala governor Sukhdev Singh Kang died here on Friday after a prolonged illness. He was 81.
Kang was admitted to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here.
The governor of Kerala from 1997 to 2002, Kang, was earlier the chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He was also a member of the National Human Rights Commission.
Kang was cremated here on Friday afternoon.
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal condoled the death of Kang.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah