Former Kerala governor dead
Chandigarh: Former Kerala governor Sukhdev Singh Kang died here on Friday after a prolonged illness. He was 81.
Kang was admitted to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here.
The governor of Kerala from 1997 to 2002, Kang, was earlier the chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He was also a member of the National Human Rights Commission.
Kang was cremated here on Friday afternoon.
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal condoled the death of Kang.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog