Former Kerala governor dead
Chandigarh: Former Kerala governor Sukhdev Singh Kang died here on Friday after a prolonged illness. He was 81.
Kang was admitted to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here.
The governor of Kerala from 1997 to 2002, Kang, was earlier the chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He was also a member of the National Human Rights Commission.
Kang was cremated here on Friday afternoon.
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal condoled the death of Kang.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympics: IOC report 45 new doping failures from 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Games
- Female smokers at higher risk of brain bleed
- Have you met 'Ishika' from John Abraham-Varun Dhawan's 'Dishhom'?- See pic
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir