Former Kerala governor dead
Chandigarh: Former Kerala governor Sukhdev Singh Kang died here on Friday after a prolonged illness. He was 81.
Kang was admitted to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here.
The governor of Kerala from 1997 to 2002, Kang, was earlier the chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He was also a member of the National Human Rights Commission.
Kang was cremated here on Friday afternoon.
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal condoled the death of Kang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'