Former Kerala governor dead
Chandigarh: Former Kerala governor Sukhdev Singh Kang died here on Friday after a prolonged illness. He was 81.
Kang was admitted to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here.
The governor of Kerala from 1997 to 2002, Kang, was earlier the chief justice of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court. He was also a member of the National Human Rights Commission.
Kang was cremated here on Friday afternoon.
Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal condoled the death of Kang.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad