Former MP named vice president of Kerala Congress unit
New Delhi: Former MP N Peethambara Kurup was Tuesday appointed as a Vice President of Kerala`s state Congress unit while two youth leaders were named as its general secretaries.
PC Vishnu Nath, an MLA, and M Liju, both Youth Congress leaders, have been made General Secretaries of the Pradesh Congress Committee.
Congress General Secretary in-charge of organisation, Janardan Dwivedi, made the announcement in this regard.
The decisions on the appointments were taken by Congress President Sonia Gandhi a few months back after VM Sudheeran was made the Kerala PCC chief following incumbent Ramesh Chennithala`s induction as Home Minister into the Oommen Chandy-led UDF government in the state.
Significantly, the three new appointees are from the Travancore region of Kerala. PCC chief Sudheeran is from Thrissur district in middle Kerala.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan