Former MP named vice president of Kerala Congress unit
New Delhi: Former MP N Peethambara Kurup was Tuesday appointed as a Vice President of Kerala`s state Congress unit while two youth leaders were named as its general secretaries.
PC Vishnu Nath, an MLA, and M Liju, both Youth Congress leaders, have been made General Secretaries of the Pradesh Congress Committee.
Congress General Secretary in-charge of organisation, Janardan Dwivedi, made the announcement in this regard.
The decisions on the appointments were taken by Congress President Sonia Gandhi a few months back after VM Sudheeran was made the Kerala PCC chief following incumbent Ramesh Chennithala`s induction as Home Minister into the Oommen Chandy-led UDF government in the state.
Significantly, the three new appointees are from the Travancore region of Kerala. PCC chief Sudheeran is from Thrissur district in middle Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss