Former MP named vice president of Kerala Congress unit
New Delhi: Former MP N Peethambara Kurup was Tuesday appointed as a Vice President of Kerala`s state Congress unit while two youth leaders were named as its general secretaries.
PC Vishnu Nath, an MLA, and M Liju, both Youth Congress leaders, have been made General Secretaries of the Pradesh Congress Committee.
Congress General Secretary in-charge of organisation, Janardan Dwivedi, made the announcement in this regard.
The decisions on the appointments were taken by Congress President Sonia Gandhi a few months back after VM Sudheeran was made the Kerala PCC chief following incumbent Ramesh Chennithala`s induction as Home Minister into the Oommen Chandy-led UDF government in the state.
Significantly, the three new appointees are from the Travancore region of Kerala. PCC chief Sudheeran is from Thrissur district in middle Kerala.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest