Four accomplices of LeT militant Nazir held in Kerala
Kannur: Four more persons have been taken
into custody by Kerala police for their alleged links with
suspected LeT militant T Nazir, who is being questioned in
Bangalore in connection with various terror-related cases in
the southern states, police said on Thursday.
The Special Investigating Team, which is probing the
terror-related cases in Kerala, rounded up Muthalib and Afasal
today and Rahnaz and Sharfuddin last night, they said.
With their arrest, the number of those held has gone upto
five as Shamir, said to be an accomplice of Nazir, was
arrested near here yesterday.
The four were nabbed as per information provided by
Nazir, who along with another suspected militant Shafaz, were
arrested by Bangladesh Rifles along Indo-Bangla border in
Meghalaya and subsequently handed over to the BSF on December
They were brought to Bangalore for questioning. Kerala
police too have sent their personnel to the IT capital to
interrogate Nazir, who hails from that state.
The four reportedly attended camps organised by Nazir at
Neerchal as part of recruitment drive for carrying out
subversive activities in parts of the country.
Shamir was taken into custody by Karnataka police from
his house at Poovam near Taliparamba in the district
Both Nazir and Shafaz were being questioned in connection
with various incidents of terror in Karnataka, Kerala and
Tamil Nadu, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter