Four elephants found dead in Kerala forest
Thiruvananthapuram: Carcasses of four elephants were found in Gavi forests in the Ranni Division of Pathanamthitta district on Friday, forest department sources said.
Two of them were adults and the others calves as per initial reports, sources said.
The carcasses were found deep in the forest at Varayadinkokka near Pachakkanam, they said, adding that exact cause of the death was yet to be ascertained and a team of
Wildlife officials had left for the spot.
However, unconfirmed reports based on information gathered from locals, said the elephants were either electrocuted or struck by lightning last night.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling