Four elephants found dead in Kerala forest
Thiruvananthapuram: Carcasses of four elephants were found in Gavi forests in the Ranni Division of Pathanamthitta district on Friday, forest department sources said.
Two of them were adults and the others calves as per initial reports, sources said.
The carcasses were found deep in the forest at Varayadinkokka near Pachakkanam, they said, adding that exact cause of the death was yet to be ascertained and a team of
Wildlife officials had left for the spot.
However, unconfirmed reports based on information gathered from locals, said the elephants were either electrocuted or struck by lightning last night.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees