Four elephants found dead in Kerala forest
Thiruvananthapuram: Carcasses of four elephants were found in Gavi forests in the Ranni Division of Pathanamthitta district on Friday, forest department sources said.
Two of them were adults and the others calves as per initial reports, sources said.
The carcasses were found deep in the forest at Varayadinkokka near Pachakkanam, they said, adding that exact cause of the death was yet to be ascertained and a team of
Wildlife officials had left for the spot.
However, unconfirmed reports based on information gathered from locals, said the elephants were either electrocuted or struck by lightning last night.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace