Four elephants found dead in Kerala forest
Thiruvananthapuram: Carcasses of four elephants were found in Gavi forests in the Ranni Division of Pathanamthitta district on Friday, forest department sources said.
Two of them were adults and the others calves as per initial reports, sources said.
The carcasses were found deep in the forest at Varayadinkokka near Pachakkanam, they said, adding that exact cause of the death was yet to be ascertained and a team of
Wildlife officials had left for the spot.
However, unconfirmed reports based on information gathered from locals, said the elephants were either electrocuted or struck by lightning last night.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test