Four elephants found dead in Kerala forest
Thiruvananthapuram: Carcasses of four elephants were found in Gavi forests in the Ranni Division of Pathanamthitta district on Friday, forest department sources said.
Two of them were adults and the others calves as per initial reports, sources said.
The carcasses were found deep in the forest at Varayadinkokka near Pachakkanam, they said, adding that exact cause of the death was yet to be ascertained and a team of
Wildlife officials had left for the spot.
However, unconfirmed reports based on information gathered from locals, said the elephants were either electrocuted or struck by lightning last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far