Four house surgeons killed in mishap in Kerala
Idukki: Four house surgeons of Kottayam Medical College were killed when their car fell into a deep ravine at Kolahalamedu in the district, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons have been rescued from the spot with serious injuries and admitted to Kottayam Medical College Hospital, police said.
The deceased were part of a six-member team of holidayers who had set out from Kottayam for Vagamon hill station on Tuesday evening.
According to local people, the accident happened close to midnight last night and the rescue work was delayed as the hilly tract had been enveloped by thick fog at that time.
On learning about the mishap, local people alerted police and fire force. The bodies were spotted and taken out in the wee hours.
The bodies were found lying around the mangled car in a mutilated condition, local people said.
The deceased were identified as Joseph George, Aneesh, Anto and Ratheesh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred