Four house surgeons killed in mishap in Kerala
Idukki: Four house surgeons of Kottayam Medical College were killed when their car fell into a deep ravine at Kolahalamedu in the district, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons have been rescued from the spot with serious injuries and admitted to Kottayam Medical College Hospital, police said.
The deceased were part of a six-member team of holidayers who had set out from Kottayam for Vagamon hill station on Tuesday evening.
According to local people, the accident happened close to midnight last night and the rescue work was delayed as the hilly tract had been enveloped by thick fog at that time.
On learning about the mishap, local people alerted police and fire force. The bodies were spotted and taken out in the wee hours.
The bodies were found lying around the mangled car in a mutilated condition, local people said.
The deceased were identified as Joseph George, Aneesh, Anto and Ratheesh, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali