Four house surgeons killed in mishap in Kerala
Idukki: Four house surgeons of Kottayam Medical College were killed when their car fell into a deep ravine at Kolahalamedu in the district, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons have been rescued from the spot with serious injuries and admitted to Kottayam Medical College Hospital, police said.
The deceased were part of a six-member team of holidayers who had set out from Kottayam for Vagamon hill station on Tuesday evening.
According to local people, the accident happened close to midnight last night and the rescue work was delayed as the hilly tract had been enveloped by thick fog at that time.
On learning about the mishap, local people alerted police and fire force. The bodies were spotted and taken out in the wee hours.
The bodies were found lying around the mangled car in a mutilated condition, local people said.
The deceased were identified as Joseph George, Aneesh, Anto and Ratheesh, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel