Four house surgeons killed in mishap in Kerala
Idukki: Four house surgeons of Kottayam Medical College were killed when their car fell into a deep ravine at Kolahalamedu in the district, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons have been rescued from the spot with serious injuries and admitted to Kottayam Medical College Hospital, police said.
The deceased were part of a six-member team of holidayers who had set out from Kottayam for Vagamon hill station on Tuesday evening.
According to local people, the accident happened close to midnight last night and the rescue work was delayed as the hilly tract had been enveloped by thick fog at that time.
On learning about the mishap, local people alerted police and fire force. The bodies were spotted and taken out in the wee hours.
The bodies were found lying around the mangled car in a mutilated condition, local people said.
The deceased were identified as Joseph George, Aneesh, Anto and Ratheesh, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS