Four Kerala youths found guilty of gangrape of minor Bengal girl
Thalassery: Four Kerala youths, who had gangraped a minor girl from West Bengal three years ago, were today found guilty of the crime by a local court.
Thalassery District Sessions Court Judge V Shircy pronounced the judgement in this regard. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Monday.
The accused -- P V Biju (38), Mohammed Shariff (27), Mohammed Salim (25) and Jamsheer (22) -- who are on bail, were present when the verdict was delivered. They were found guilty under various IPC sections including 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement).
The court ordered cancellation of their bail and the four were sent to Kannur sub-jail. According to police, the girl from Murshidabad in West Bengal, had come to Kerala in search of her lover. She came to know that he was working at Virajpet in Coorg in Karnataka. However, on going there along with her brother-in-law and another man, she failed to find him as he had left for West Bengal.
The three were waiting at a bus stop for Iritty in Kannur, when three of the accused, who were in a lorry, offered them lift. Instead of taking them to Iritty, they drove the lorry to a river bank at Vayathur and gangraped the girl after beating up the two men with her on December 24, 2011. They then called their friend to join in the orgy.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20