Four youths held for sending provocative SMS
Thiruvananthapuram: Four youths were arrested by police from Ochira in Kollam district for sending `provocative` SMS messages to friends relating to the Ayodhya issue.
Police said the youths, Jayakumar, Subhash, Manu and Jijo were arrested this morning and would be produced before the First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at Arunagappally.
Sending messages in connection with the Ayodhya verdict, to be pronounced later today by the Allahabad High Court, has been banned by the state administration.
Despite civic election campaigns, curbs on holding rallies, public assemblies and raising of slogans have been enforced in the state for the next two days.
Special security has been accorded to places of worship including the famed hill shrine Sabarimala.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details