Four youths held for sending provocative SMS
Thiruvananthapuram: Four youths were arrested by police from Ochira in Kollam district for sending `provocative` SMS messages to friends relating to the Ayodhya issue.
Police said the youths, Jayakumar, Subhash, Manu and Jijo were arrested this morning and would be produced before the First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at Arunagappally.
Sending messages in connection with the Ayodhya verdict, to be pronounced later today by the Allahabad High Court, has been banned by the state administration.
Despite civic election campaigns, curbs on holding rallies, public assemblies and raising of slogans have been enforced in the state for the next two days.
Special security has been accorded to places of worship including the famed hill shrine Sabarimala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?