Four youths held for sending provocative SMS
Thiruvananthapuram: Four youths were arrested by police from Ochira in Kollam district for sending `provocative` SMS messages to friends relating to the Ayodhya issue.
Police said the youths, Jayakumar, Subhash, Manu and Jijo were arrested this morning and would be produced before the First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at Arunagappally.
Sending messages in connection with the Ayodhya verdict, to be pronounced later today by the Allahabad High Court, has been banned by the state administration.
Despite civic election campaigns, curbs on holding rallies, public assemblies and raising of slogans have been enforced in the state for the next two days.
Special security has been accorded to places of worship including the famed hill shrine Sabarimala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves