Four youths held for sending provocative SMS
Thiruvananthapuram: Four youths were arrested by police from Ochira in Kollam district for sending `provocative` SMS messages to friends relating to the Ayodhya issue.
Police said the youths, Jayakumar, Subhash, Manu and Jijo were arrested this morning and would be produced before the First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at Arunagappally.
Sending messages in connection with the Ayodhya verdict, to be pronounced later today by the Allahabad High Court, has been banned by the state administration.
Despite civic election campaigns, curbs on holding rallies, public assemblies and raising of slogans have been enforced in the state for the next two days.
Special security has been accorded to places of worship including the famed hill shrine Sabarimala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day