`Free Padmanabhaswamy temple from royal trust`
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI(M) on Monday pressed for setting up a broad-based managing committee for the famed Padmanabhaswamy temple and said the shrine must be freed from the trust controlled by the Travancore royal family.
CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said that an administrative set up on the lines of the Guruvayur temple managing committee should be formed for the Padmanabhaswamy
"In such a body, a representative of the Royal family could also be a member just as a member of Zamorin royal family of Kozhikode has representation on the Guruvayur temple
committee," he said.
He said Supreme Court`s views should also be taken into account as the case relating to the temple wealth was pending, before taking a final decision.
Vijayan briefed reporters on the deliberations of CPI-M state committee, which concluded a two-day meet here last evening.
Significantly, this is the first time the party is making a public statement on the temple issue after the discovery of huge treasures from its vaults.
He, however, the issue of huge wealth locked up in the temple cellars and vaults should be addressed through democratic debate and the sentiments of devotees should be
given due consideration.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan