Free ration for people affected due to floods
Kannur/Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Friday said that free ration would be provided to the families affected by the recent heavy rains and landslips in the districts of Kannur and Kozhikode.
Speaking to reporters after visiting the flood ravaged places in Kannur and Kozhikode, Chandy said documents like ration card and passport lost as a result of the floods would be made available to the affected people on a war-footing.
He said that officials has been asked to submit detailed report on the losses incured in the agriculture sector.
Chandy said priority will be given for reconstruction of bridges and roads, that have been washed away as a result of the floods and heavy downpour.
Chandy visited the affected areas of Iritty and Sreekantapuram in Kannur district. The safety of Pazhassi dam in Kannur will be ensured, he said.
Union minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi also visited the flood affected areas in Pullorampara and Tiruvambady in Kozhikode district.
Ravi said that he will try to get Central assistance for the calamities.
Meanwhile, a senior scientist from Geological Survery of India, Dr Sajin Kumar, today visited Pulloorampara area which experienced a landslip recently killing eight persons in Kozhikode district, said the disaster was resulted from cloud burst.
He said that the disaster was caused due to the slopeness, structure of the soil and heavy rains.
Heavy rains followed by landslips and floods had resulted in the death of nine persons in Malabar region-eight in Kozhikode and one death in Kannur district.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi