Fresh probe ordered into Kaviyoor sex case
Thiruvananthapuram: A CBI court on Saturday ordered a fresh probe into the sensational 2004 Kaviyoor suicide, in which five members of a family were found dead in their home, to find out if any politicians were involved.
The bodies were found near Thiruvalla, 130 km from here.
The case hit headlines then because the dead included a 14-year-old girl Anekha, who was allegedly sexually exploited after a family friend Latha Nair promised her roles in films and TV serials.
The CBI court ordered a fresh probe after dismissing the report of the CBI team that concluded that Anekha was sexually exploited by her father.
The new directive from the court came after Anekha`s uncle filed a petition.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars