Fresh probe ordered into Kaviyoor sex case
Thiruvananthapuram: A CBI court on Saturday ordered a fresh probe into the sensational 2004 Kaviyoor suicide, in which five members of a family were found dead in their home, to find out if any politicians were involved.
The bodies were found near Thiruvalla, 130 km from here.
The case hit headlines then because the dead included a 14-year-old girl Anekha, who was allegedly sexually exploited after a family friend Latha Nair promised her roles in films and TV serials.
The CBI court ordered a fresh probe after dismissing the report of the CBI team that concluded that Anekha was sexually exploited by her father.
The new directive from the court came after Anekha`s uncle filed a petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda