Fresh probe ordered into Kaviyoor sex case
Thiruvananthapuram: A CBI court on Saturday ordered a fresh probe into the sensational 2004 Kaviyoor suicide, in which five members of a family were found dead in their home, to find out if any politicians were involved.
The bodies were found near Thiruvalla, 130 km from here.
The case hit headlines then because the dead included a 14-year-old girl Anekha, who was allegedly sexually exploited after a family friend Latha Nair promised her roles in films and TV serials.
The CBI court ordered a fresh probe after dismissing the report of the CBI team that concluded that Anekha was sexually exploited by her father.
The new directive from the court came after Anekha`s uncle filed a petition.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list