Fresh probe ordered into Kaviyoor sex case
Thiruvananthapuram: A CBI court on Saturday ordered a fresh probe into the sensational 2004 Kaviyoor suicide, in which five members of a family were found dead in their home, to find out if any politicians were involved.
The bodies were found near Thiruvalla, 130 km from here.
The case hit headlines then because the dead included a 14-year-old girl Anekha, who was allegedly sexually exploited after a family friend Latha Nair promised her roles in films and TV serials.
The CBI court ordered a fresh probe after dismissing the report of the CBI team that concluded that Anekha was sexually exploited by her father.
The new directive from the court came after Anekha`s uncle filed a petition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed