Fresh probe ordered into Kaviyoor sex case
Thiruvananthapuram: A CBI court on Saturday ordered a fresh probe into the sensational 2004 Kaviyoor suicide, in which five members of a family were found dead in their home, to find out if any politicians were involved.
The bodies were found near Thiruvalla, 130 km from here.
The case hit headlines then because the dead included a 14-year-old girl Anekha, who was allegedly sexually exploited after a family friend Latha Nair promised her roles in films and TV serials.
The CBI court ordered a fresh probe after dismissing the report of the CBI team that concluded that Anekha was sexually exploited by her father.
The new directive from the court came after Anekha`s uncle filed a petition.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'