Functioning of Local bodies made more liberal
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government on Monday decided to rationalise procedures to speed up plan works undertaken by local bodies.
The demand of Panchayats to do away with the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) has been approved by the cabinet, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
Panchayats had complained that project implementation was getting delayed due the existence of TAG, Chandy said.
The Local bodies had been given more power in spending plan funds for development works especially in infrastructure sector, Chandy said.
Instead of preparing yearly plan, henceforth, Local bodies would finalise a five-year plan for implementation, Chandy said, adding, cabinet has given sanction to the five year plan procedure of local bodies.
On other decisions, he said an empowered committee has been constituted to speed up the projects meant for the welfare of primitive tribes with a total outlay of Rs.148 crore. The Centre sponsored schemes had to be implemented in three years period, he said.
The Cabinet decided to promote 2500 police personnel from constable level to Sub-Inspector in two phases. During the year, 1250 police personnel would be benefited by the decision and another 1250 personnel in next year, he said.
The Cabinet sanctioned an amount of Rs.75 lakh for the construction of a building for the Kerala Civil Service Academy Centre to be set up in Government Victoria College, Palakkad.
He said Rs.10 lakh had been sanctioned for the Gandhi Message Campaign planned by Kerala Gandhi Samaraka Nidhi.
Another Rs.10 crore was sanctioned for the construction of 800 houses for fishermen under the Coastal House Construction scheme.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video