Functioning of Local bodies made more liberal
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government on Monday decided to rationalise procedures to speed up plan works undertaken by local bodies.
The demand of Panchayats to do away with the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) has been approved by the cabinet, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
Panchayats had complained that project implementation was getting delayed due the existence of TAG, Chandy said.
The Local bodies had been given more power in spending plan funds for development works especially in infrastructure sector, Chandy said.
Instead of preparing yearly plan, henceforth, Local bodies would finalise a five-year plan for implementation, Chandy said, adding, cabinet has given sanction to the five year plan procedure of local bodies.
On other decisions, he said an empowered committee has been constituted to speed up the projects meant for the welfare of primitive tribes with a total outlay of Rs.148 crore. The Centre sponsored schemes had to be implemented in three years period, he said.
The Cabinet decided to promote 2500 police personnel from constable level to Sub-Inspector in two phases. During the year, 1250 police personnel would be benefited by the decision and another 1250 personnel in next year, he said.
The Cabinet sanctioned an amount of Rs.75 lakh for the construction of a building for the Kerala Civil Service Academy Centre to be set up in Government Victoria College, Palakkad.
He said Rs.10 lakh had been sanctioned for the Gandhi Message Campaign planned by Kerala Gandhi Samaraka Nidhi.
Another Rs.10 crore was sanctioned for the construction of 800 houses for fishermen under the Coastal House Construction scheme.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ
- Rafael Nadal will travel to Rio, but injury situation still delicate: David Ferrer
- Mahasweta Devi – the gutsy social activist who took on political bigwigs for the dispossessed