`Fundamentalism cause for concern for Kerala`
Thiruvananthapuram: Growth of religious fundamentalism was a cause for concern for Kerala and if it was not bridled it could harm the state`s future, Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said Tuesday.
" Religious fundamentalism is a cause for concern. We should
not allowed to grow it. We need to take effective steps to
contain the menace. Otherwise it could pose a serious threat
to Kerala`s future," Pillai said.
He was replying to reporters` after discussions on security
scenario in the state with Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan
and Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan here.
Balakrishnan said the discussions were quite fruitful as
the centre-state co-ordination was vital in tackling cases
of inter-state and international ramifications.
He said the Union Home Secretary had offered co-operation
of central agencies like NIA for the state police in its
investigations in such cases.
Pillai had yesterday reviewed the situation with state
DGP and other senior police officials.
His two-day visit assumed significance in the wake of
several terror-link cases surfacing in Kerala and radical
outfits like Popular Front in Kerala coming under scanner of
intelligence and security agencies.
Popular Front activists were the prime suspects behind the
sensational case of chopping off the hand of college lecturer
P J Joseph for preparing a question paper containing
derogatory references to Prophet Muhammad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani