Fundamentalists, ultra Left in Kerala campaign together: Minister
Thiruvananthapuram: Some of the religious
fundamentalist outfits and Left extremist groups in Kerala
often joined hands by raising human rights issues when the
government took strong action against terrorism, state Home
Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan told the state Assembly
There had been instances of fundamentalist organisations
like Popular Front of India and ultra Left groups like
Revolutionary Peoples Front and "Proattam" campaigning
jointly by raising human rights issue, the Minister told
the house during question hour.
When the Government took strong action against terrorism
and extremism, these outfits had often come together to run
joint campaigns alleging rights violation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY