German tourist killed by lightning in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 52-year-old German national was struck dead by lightning while he was on a stroll at the beach at Chowwara near here, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Wehrle Robert from Regensburg, Germany, police said. He had arrived with his wife on April 21 for ayurvedic treatment at a resort at nearby Vizhinjam.
According to local people, he fell down after being struck by lightning last evening. His wife was beside him at the time. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where was declared dead by doctors.
The body was later shifted to a private hospital and the German Embassy officials were informed of the death, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!