German tourist killed by lightning in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A 52-year-old German national was struck dead by lightning while he was on a stroll at the beach at Chowwara near here, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Wehrle Robert from Regensburg, Germany, police said. He had arrived with his wife on April 21 for ayurvedic treatment at a resort at nearby Vizhinjam.
According to local people, he fell down after being struck by lightning last evening. His wife was beside him at the time. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where was declared dead by doctors.
The body was later shifted to a private hospital and the German Embassy officials were informed of the death, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...