Girl approaches HC after neighbour threatens her to wear Purdah
Kochi: Kerala High court today granted
police protection to 22-year-old Aeronautical engineering
graduate from Kasaragod district, who was being threatened by
her neighbour and few others to wear Purdah.
In her petition, Ryhana R Kazi of Vidyanagar, Kasaragod
stated that after returning to Kerala from chennai on
completion of her course in August last, some neighbours and
her distant relative insisted that she should wear Purdah,
veil and head scarf. She resisted their interference on her
According to the petitioner, she was threatened by her
neighbour, Mohammed Kavugoli of kasaragod and his henchmen
with dire consequences if she refuses to wear purdah, veil and
A division bench comprising Justice K M Joseph and Justice
M L Joseph Francis directed Kasaragod Supertendent of police,
Circle Inspector and Sub Inspector to provide police
protection to the life of the petitioner, her parents and 5
siblings for 3 weeks.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!