Give more opportunities to younger generation: Modi
Kochi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said India which has largest number of youth population, should give them more opportunities and dream big.
Addressing delegates of the Gujarat state session at the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas here through video conferencing from Ahmedabad, he described the younger generation as Yuva Sampath.
"We should make them masters. We should provide them better work environment, make changes in rules and regulations, change our priorities, if needed, to ensure this," he said.
Modi said the he would strive to utilize the services of the younger generation in the state for Gujarat’s progress and prosperity.
Stating that contribution of women in the agriculture sector was immense, he said "We need to make more efforts for women’s empowerment. Fifty per cent of India’s population comprises of the fairer sex. If we can utilize their services to the maximum we can reach greater heights, he said.
Gujarat had faced lot of water problem. "We have very few rivers. But using technology and science, our agriculture production in the last decade has touched over 10 per cent," he said.
The state was giving lot of thrust for infrastructure including development of power sector, gas grid, optical fibres, 24x7 uninterrupted power supply. As many as 18,000 villages had internet facility, he said.
Modi said he had requested the union government to allow Gujarat to celebrate 2015, the centenary year of Gandhiji’s arrival from Africa.
The Chief Minister, who spoke in Hindi, received applause and cheers by the Gujarati diaspora.
Modi also interacted with the delegates. One of them described Modi as Lion King and wanted him to become Prime Minister in 2014.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'