Global tender for Vizhinjam port floated
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government on Wednesday floated a global tender to decide on a private partner for the Rs 5,000-crore Vizhinjam International Deepwater Multipurpose Searport near here.
Speaking to reporters after uploading the tender documents in Vizhinjam International Seaport Limited (VISL) website, Special Purpose Vehicle formed by the government, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the government has been able to take forward the project despite some hurdles.
Tenders for construction of break water and fish landing centre and Port operator was floated as the Expert Apprisal Committee of the Ministry of Environment had recommended conditional clearance for the project yesterday.
State Ports Minister K Babu said the forest phase of the project was planned to be completed in five years.
The Government of Kerala (GoK) has envisaged implementation of the project on a Public Private Partnership basis, where the construction and operation would be on Build, Operate and Transfer model.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery