Global tender for Vizhinjam port floated
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government on Wednesday floated a global tender to decide on a private partner for the Rs 5,000-crore Vizhinjam International Deepwater Multipurpose Searport near here.
Speaking to reporters after uploading the tender documents in Vizhinjam International Seaport Limited (VISL) website, Special Purpose Vehicle formed by the government, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the government has been able to take forward the project despite some hurdles.
Tenders for construction of break water and fish landing centre and Port operator was floated as the Expert Apprisal Committee of the Ministry of Environment had recommended conditional clearance for the project yesterday.
State Ports Minister K Babu said the forest phase of the project was planned to be completed in five years.
The Government of Kerala (GoK) has envisaged implementation of the project on a Public Private Partnership basis, where the construction and operation would be on Build, Operate and Transfer model.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note