Gold smuggling case: Chandy rejects fresh allegations
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s office seems to have caught up with another row after a person, arrested in a gold smuggling case, claimed to have links with a former member of Chandy`s personal staff.
Reacting to media reports during the weekly cabinet briefing here today, Chandy, however, declined to comment anything on the "hearsay".
"I cannot reply on the basis of hearsay and media reports. But I will reply, when it is established that some one has done something wrong," Chandy said.
Fayaz, the main accused in the case related to the attempt to smuggle in 20kg of gold through Kochi airport, reportedly revealed to customs officials that he had connections with Jiuukumon Jacob, a former member of Chandy`s personal staff.
Jacob was removed from CM`s office for his alleged link to Solar Scam accused Sarita S Nair.
Chandy said investigation into the gold smuggling case was in the right direction and "law will take its own course".
On reports that one of his private secretary had links with Fayaz, Chandy said, "This is for the first time I am hearing this... I will see into it."
He also rubbished a news channel`s report saying that Fayaz had hosted one of Chandy`s visit in Dubai. "This is not correct... My daughter stays in Dubai and I also have close friends there so I don`t need anybody else," Chandy added.
Meanwhile, talking on the terms and reference of Judicial probe of the Solar Scam case, Chandy said the Cabinet discussed the issue and was "ready with it".
The government was waiting for the High Court`s reply to its request for a sitting Judge to head the Judicial commission, he added.
The Solar Scam pertains to cheating of several persons by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering them solar panel solutions. They allegedly gave false impression to prospective investors that they had links with higher ups in CMO `s office.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you