Gold smuggling case: Chandy rejects fresh allegations
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s office seems to have caught up with another row after a person, arrested in a gold smuggling case, claimed to have links with a former member of Chandy`s personal staff.
Reacting to media reports during the weekly cabinet briefing here today, Chandy, however, declined to comment anything on the "hearsay".
"I cannot reply on the basis of hearsay and media reports. But I will reply, when it is established that some one has done something wrong," Chandy said.
Fayaz, the main accused in the case related to the attempt to smuggle in 20kg of gold through Kochi airport, reportedly revealed to customs officials that he had connections with Jiuukumon Jacob, a former member of Chandy`s personal staff.
Jacob was removed from CM`s office for his alleged link to Solar Scam accused Sarita S Nair.
Chandy said investigation into the gold smuggling case was in the right direction and "law will take its own course".
On reports that one of his private secretary had links with Fayaz, Chandy said, "This is for the first time I am hearing this... I will see into it."
He also rubbished a news channel`s report saying that Fayaz had hosted one of Chandy`s visit in Dubai. "This is not correct... My daughter stays in Dubai and I also have close friends there so I don`t need anybody else," Chandy added.
Meanwhile, talking on the terms and reference of Judicial probe of the Solar Scam case, Chandy said the Cabinet discussed the issue and was "ready with it".
The government was waiting for the High Court`s reply to its request for a sitting Judge to head the Judicial commission, he added.
The Solar Scam pertains to cheating of several persons by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering them solar panel solutions. They allegedly gave false impression to prospective investors that they had links with higher ups in CMO `s office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter