Goods wagons derail near Thrisuur, rail traffic hit
Thrissur: Four wagons of a goods train
carrying petroleum products derailed at the Manapady railway
crossing near Kalletumkara railway station this morning.
The Goods wagon was on its way to Kannur from Ernakulam,
railway sources said.
Railway sources said that there was some leakage from
one of the boggies and the driver had applied sudden brake
following which four wagons derailed.
The Overhead Railway electric line has been switched off
and efforts are on to transfer the petroleum products of the
derailed wagons to other wagons.
Due to the mishaps some trains are running late.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test