Goods wagons derail near Thrisuur, rail traffic hit
Thrissur: Four wagons of a goods train
carrying petroleum products derailed at the Manapady railway
crossing near Kalletumkara railway station this morning.
The Goods wagon was on its way to Kannur from Ernakulam,
railway sources said.
Railway sources said that there was some leakage from
one of the boggies and the driver had applied sudden brake
following which four wagons derailed.
The Overhead Railway electric line has been switched off
and efforts are on to transfer the petroleum products of the
derailed wagons to other wagons.
Due to the mishaps some trains are running late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!