Goods wagons derail near Thrisuur, rail traffic hit
Thrissur: Four wagons of a goods train
carrying petroleum products derailed at the Manapady railway
crossing near Kalletumkara railway station this morning.
The Goods wagon was on its way to Kannur from Ernakulam,
railway sources said.
Railway sources said that there was some leakage from
one of the boggies and the driver had applied sudden brake
following which four wagons derailed.
The Overhead Railway electric line has been switched off
and efforts are on to transfer the petroleum products of the
derailed wagons to other wagons.
Due to the mishaps some trains are running late.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists