Goods wagons derail near Thrisuur, rail traffic hit
Thrissur: Four wagons of a goods train
carrying petroleum products derailed at the Manapady railway
crossing near Kalletumkara railway station this morning.
The Goods wagon was on its way to Kannur from Ernakulam,
railway sources said.
Railway sources said that there was some leakage from
one of the boggies and the driver had applied sudden brake
following which four wagons derailed.
The Overhead Railway electric line has been switched off
and efforts are on to transfer the petroleum products of the
derailed wagons to other wagons.
Due to the mishaps some trains are running late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena