Govt appeal posted to January third week
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Sunday posted to January third week the hearing on a Government appeal, acting on which a division bench had stayed the single judge`s order quashing the FIR against former Chief Minister VS Achutanandan in a land allotment case.
The order in this regard was issued by a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice AM Shaffique. The bench reiterated that chargesheet should not be laid in the case till the appeal was disposed.
On December 6, the Marxist veteran had secured relief from Justice S S Sateeshchandran, who held that framing a case against him on "false and frivolous" allegation was "unworthy of any merit", while allowing Achuthanandan`s plea to quash proceedings against him.
But moving swiftly, Congress-led UDF government challenged the order and a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice A M Shaffique admitted the appeal. The bench, had however, made it clear that the chargesheet will not be laid in the case till the appeal was disposed.
When the appeal came up before the bench today, Advocate General K P Dandapani assured the court that the defects in the appeal would be cured. The court then adjourned the case for detailed hearing to January third week.
The case pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting 2.33 acres of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and Achuthanandan`s close relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the LDF ministry during 2006-2011.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’