Govt appeal posted to January third week
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Sunday posted to January third week the hearing on a Government appeal, acting on which a division bench had stayed the single judge`s order quashing the FIR against former Chief Minister VS Achutanandan in a land allotment case.
The order in this regard was issued by a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice AM Shaffique. The bench reiterated that chargesheet should not be laid in the case till the appeal was disposed.
On December 6, the Marxist veteran had secured relief from Justice S S Sateeshchandran, who held that framing a case against him on "false and frivolous" allegation was "unworthy of any merit", while allowing Achuthanandan`s plea to quash proceedings against him.
But moving swiftly, Congress-led UDF government challenged the order and a Division Bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice A M Shaffique admitted the appeal. The bench, had however, made it clear that the chargesheet will not be laid in the case till the appeal was disposed.
When the appeal came up before the bench today, Advocate General K P Dandapani assured the court that the defects in the appeal would be cured. The court then adjourned the case for detailed hearing to January third week.
The case pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting 2.33 acres of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and Achuthanandan`s close relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the LDF ministry during 2006-2011.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India