Govt appoints commission on liquor policy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has appointed former judge of the High Court M Ramachandran as the one-member commission to recommend norms for formulating a liquor policy.
The Commission would also review bar licences recently issued by the government, Excise Minister K Babu said in a release here.
The minister said the cabinet had decided not to sanction any new bar licence until the Commission submitted its recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress