Govt denies Opposition charge on budget leakage
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government on Monday
rejected opposition LDF charge that certain budget proposals
had been leaked to the press before it was presented in the
assembly and said media reports pertaining to government
polices and schemes could not be construed as `leakage.`
"The opposition charge is baseless and there has been no
leakage. The reports connected with policies and schemes of
the government cannot be construed as leakage of budget
secrets," Finance Minister K M Mani said.
He noted that nothing had appeared in the media on
Addressing a press conference after presenting the
2012-13 budget, Mani said during pre-budget discussions, new
schemes and policies used to be put out in the public domain.
He said the Opposition protest in the assembly over the
issue was only to divert people`s attention from the `good
part of budget proposals`.
When the matter was raised by the Opposition, Speaker G
Karthikeyan directed the government to hold an inquiry into
the alleged leakage and file a report to the house.
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan had raised the matter
in the house before Mani began the budget speech.
Karthikeyan assured the Opposition he would examine the
issue and give his ruling before the budget speech end of the
After the budget presentation, he informed the house he
had examined the matter and that certain proposals in the
budget had appeared in the press.
As per precedents in Parliament and the state assembly,
the Speaker directed the government to submit a report after
inquiring how certain budget proposals were leaked to the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145