Govt denies report of showing `disrespect` to Vayalar Ravi
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government
Tuesday denied media reports that it had shown "disrespect" to
Minister for Indian Overseas Affairs Vayalar Ravi by inviting
Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel for inauguration of the
newly-built International airport terminal here instead of
Raising the issue in the state Assembly, Congress member
Varkala Kahar alleged that the LDF government had
"deliberately" sidelined Ravi, a cabinet minister from the
state, without any valid reason and invited Patel for the
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan in his reply said the
government had in fact invited Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to inaugurate the terminal. The PMO had informed the state it
would be convenient for him to attend the function in October.
However, the date and programme for the inauguration
would be finalised after getting confirmation from the PMO, he
"Hence, the media reports about showing disrespect to
Vayalar Ravi and sidelining him are not true," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island