Govt denies report of showing `disrespect` to Vayalar Ravi
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government
Tuesday denied media reports that it had shown "disrespect" to
Minister for Indian Overseas Affairs Vayalar Ravi by inviting
Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel for inauguration of the
newly-built International airport terminal here instead of
Raising the issue in the state Assembly, Congress member
Varkala Kahar alleged that the LDF government had
"deliberately" sidelined Ravi, a cabinet minister from the
state, without any valid reason and invited Patel for the
Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan in his reply said the
government had in fact invited Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to inaugurate the terminal. The PMO had informed the state it
would be convenient for him to attend the function in October.
However, the date and programme for the inauguration
would be finalised after getting confirmation from the PMO, he
"Hence, the media reports about showing disrespect to
Vayalar Ravi and sidelining him are not true," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing