Govt has a sympathetic view towards Adivasi problems: Minister
Kozhikode: Rejecting CPI-M`s charge, Kerala Revenue Minister Adoor Prakash today said the UDF Government had a sympathetic approach in solving the problems of the Adivasi people.
The government was making every effort to identify 400 acres of land to be distributed among landless tribals, he told reporters here.
Hitting out at the CPI-M, Prakash alleged that in the name of agitation for land, the adivasi people were being politically misled and instigated to go on agitation.
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) government, during its governance did not do anything worth, he alleged.
About 188 adivasi people who were in Kannur jail were released after Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s announcement, he said.
CPI-M state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had yesterday alleged that the arrest of tribals protesting for land showed the `barbaric face` of the UDF Government.
- Diesel, petrol cabs go off roads in Delhi, owners warn of suicides
- Lawsuit filed over Facebook's plan to issue new Class C stock
- Four-year-old boy rescued from borewell dies on way to Pune hospital in Maharashtra
- Aam Aadmi Party appoints Naveen Jaihind as Haryana convener
- IAF choppers dump water to douse forest fires; Centre sends probe team to Uttarakhand