Govt has a sympathetic view towards Adivasi problems: Minister
Kozhikode: Rejecting CPI-M`s charge, Kerala Revenue Minister Adoor Prakash today said the UDF Government had a sympathetic approach in solving the problems of the Adivasi people.
The government was making every effort to identify 400 acres of land to be distributed among landless tribals, he told reporters here.
Hitting out at the CPI-M, Prakash alleged that in the name of agitation for land, the adivasi people were being politically misled and instigated to go on agitation.
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) government, during its governance did not do anything worth, he alleged.
About 188 adivasi people who were in Kannur jail were released after Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s announcement, he said.
CPI-M state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had yesterday alleged that the arrest of tribals protesting for land showed the `barbaric face` of the UDF Government.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- DNA: Today in History, 26th August, 2016
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured