Govt has a sympathetic view towards Adivasi problems: Minister
Kozhikode: Rejecting CPI-M`s charge, Kerala Revenue Minister Adoor Prakash today said the UDF Government had a sympathetic approach in solving the problems of the Adivasi people.
The government was making every effort to identify 400 acres of land to be distributed among landless tribals, he told reporters here.
Hitting out at the CPI-M, Prakash alleged that in the name of agitation for land, the adivasi people were being politically misled and instigated to go on agitation.
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) government, during its governance did not do anything worth, he alleged.
About 188 adivasi people who were in Kannur jail were released after Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s announcement, he said.
CPI-M state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had yesterday alleged that the arrest of tribals protesting for land showed the `barbaric face` of the UDF Government.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015