Govt has a sympathetic view towards Adivasi problems: Minister
Kozhikode: Rejecting CPI-M`s charge, Kerala Revenue Minister Adoor Prakash today said the UDF Government had a sympathetic approach in solving the problems of the Adivasi people.
The government was making every effort to identify 400 acres of land to be distributed among landless tribals, he told reporters here.
Hitting out at the CPI-M, Prakash alleged that in the name of agitation for land, the adivasi people were being politically misled and instigated to go on agitation.
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) government, during its governance did not do anything worth, he alleged.
About 188 adivasi people who were in Kannur jail were released after Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s announcement, he said.
CPI-M state Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan had yesterday alleged that the arrest of tribals protesting for land showed the `barbaric face` of the UDF Government.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi