Govt orders probe into abuse of children in juvenijuvenile home
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has ordered a probe into the alleged sexual abuse of children in a juvenile home at Thiruvanchur in Kottayam district, run by the Social Welfare Department.
Based on media reports, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy instructed the Director of Social Welfare Department to conduct an inquiry and submit an initial report, official sources said here on Thursday.
Some of the children had told a television channel that they had been subjected to physical and mental harassment by some staff of the juvenile home.
They also complained that the institution even lacked basic amenities and no remedial measures had been taken by the authorities despite repeated requests.
Director of Social Welfare Department M S Jaya has gone to the home to assess the veracity of the complaints, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'