Govt seeks explanation from organisers on national anthem row
Thiruvananthapuram: Embarrassed by the inept compering and mistakes in rendering the national anthem at a function attended by Vice-President Hamid Ansari in the city this week, the Kerala Government has sought explanation from the organisers of the event.
The Genderal Administration Department has sought an explanation from Sree Narayana Dharma Samithi, the organisers of the event, official sources said on Friday.
At the event held on Tuesday, the first Sree Narayana Guru Global Secular and Peace Award was presented to Union Minister Shashi Tharoor by Ansari at the University Senate Hall here.
The national anthem was rendered by a member of the Samithi with mistakes and also certain remarks about Ansari by the compere, G S Pradeep, a TV anchor, caused embarrassment to the audience and to the dignitaries present, which included Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Governor Nikil Kumar.
However, when asked about the incident, Chandy said he did not know if there was any protocol violation. "It is not possible for everybody to sing in the same way. How will it look if I start singing?" he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued