Govt seeks explanation from organisers on national anthem row
Thiruvananthapuram: Embarrassed by the inept compering and mistakes in rendering the national anthem at a function attended by Vice-President Hamid Ansari in the city this week, the Kerala Government has sought explanation from the organisers of the event.
The Genderal Administration Department has sought an explanation from Sree Narayana Dharma Samithi, the organisers of the event, official sources said on Friday.
At the event held on Tuesday, the first Sree Narayana Guru Global Secular and Peace Award was presented to Union Minister Shashi Tharoor by Ansari at the University Senate Hall here.
The national anthem was rendered by a member of the Samithi with mistakes and also certain remarks about Ansari by the compere, G S Pradeep, a TV anchor, caused embarrassment to the audience and to the dignitaries present, which included Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Governor Nikil Kumar.
However, when asked about the incident, Chandy said he did not know if there was any protocol violation. "It is not possible for everybody to sing in the same way. How will it look if I start singing?" he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why