Govt seeks time for filing reply to ISRO x-chief
Kochi: Government on Tuesday sought three weeks for instructions and filing of reply to former ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair`s plea in the CAT seeking quashing of its decision to bar him from holding any government posts for his
role in the Antrix-Devas deal.
Counsel for Central Government, T P Ibrahim Khan, made the plea in response to Nair`s petition filed yesterday at the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) here challenging the government`s decision as also it’s two other orders which, he said, had "damaged" his reputation.
Nair, who has vowed "to fight it out till the last bit",had also yesterday filed an appeal under the RTI before the Central Information Commission seeking reasons for blacklisting him from government jobs.
In the petition before CAT, Nair sought quashing of chapter 6 of the September 2, 2011, report of the high-level team constituted by the government to examine the facts and circumstances of agreement between Antrix and Devas Multi Media Private Ltd on the controversial S-band deal.
He also sought quashing of the January 13 order excluding him from right for re-employment, committee roles or any other important role under government and its bodies and divesting him of any current assignment with government and its
Aggrieved by the January 13 order, terminating his appointment as Dr Vikram Sarabhai Distinguished Professor, Nair had sought a direction to the government for his reinstatement till the expiry of his four-year term. In the alternative, he sought adequate compensation.
The three government orders had `damaged` his reputation as an individual and status as a scientist, especially when he had associated with the Department of Space from its inception, he said, adding, they had been issued with `substantial amount of malice`.
The orders were against the principles of fair play and natural justice and are void ab initio (not legally binding) and incompetent for want of jurisdiction and authority, he had submitted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price