Govt servants taking long leave: Terminate them, says HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday flayed
practise by those in government service going on leave for
long durations and asked the government to terminate their
services and employ substitutes.
A Division bench comprising justice C N Ramachandran Nair
and justice K Surendra Mohan issued the direction in this
regard while upholding a single judge`s view that claim for
long leave after getting employment abroad is to retain teh
service only to claim pension.
The order was issued by the bench while dismissing a writ
appeal by Jainamma K Joseph of Thiruvalla who was a nurse in
government service and was employed in Saudi Arabia. She was
granted 10 yeras leave without allowance. When she applied for
further leave, the government rejected her plea following
which she approached the high court.
The single judge upheld the government action and
challenging the decision she filed appeal which was dimissed
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!