Govt servants taking long leave: Terminate them, says HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday flayed
practise by those in government service going on leave for
long durations and asked the government to terminate their
services and employ substitutes.
A Division bench comprising justice C N Ramachandran Nair
and justice K Surendra Mohan issued the direction in this
regard while upholding a single judge`s view that claim for
long leave after getting employment abroad is to retain teh
service only to claim pension.
The order was issued by the bench while dismissing a writ
appeal by Jainamma K Joseph of Thiruvalla who was a nurse in
government service and was employed in Saudi Arabia. She was
granted 10 yeras leave without allowance. When she applied for
further leave, the government rejected her plea following
which she approached the high court.
The single judge upheld the government action and
challenging the decision she filed appeal which was dimissed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions