Govt servants taking long leave: Terminate them, says HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday flayed
practise by those in government service going on leave for
long durations and asked the government to terminate their
services and employ substitutes.
A Division bench comprising justice C N Ramachandran Nair
and justice K Surendra Mohan issued the direction in this
regard while upholding a single judge`s view that claim for
long leave after getting employment abroad is to retain teh
service only to claim pension.
The order was issued by the bench while dismissing a writ
appeal by Jainamma K Joseph of Thiruvalla who was a nurse in
government service and was employed in Saudi Arabia. She was
granted 10 yeras leave without allowance. When she applied for
further leave, the government rejected her plea following
which she approached the high court.
The single judge upheld the government action and
challenging the decision she filed appeal which was dimissed
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video