Govt to help Malayalees trapped abroad: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday sought the co-operation of Non-Resident Keralite organisations in the government`s efforts to lend a helping hand to Malayalees trapped in foreign countries due to various reasons.
Inaugurating the Global NRK meet organised by NORKA
(Non-Resident Keralite Affairs) department here, he said steps
would be taken to bring back Keralites undergoing imprisonment
abroad for no fault of theirs, those cheated by agents after
offering them jobs and people suffering from various ailments.
The government would strive to get support of the Union
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs towards this end, he said.
Chandy asked NRKs to convince investors from foreign
countries that there is a conducive atmosphere for investment
in Kerala. The NRK meet had been convened to listen to the
complaints and suggestions of Malayalees living abroad.
KC Joseph, Minister in Charge of NORKA, said the
government is committed to ensure their welfare and would take
steps to rehabilitate those who coming back from abroad.
He termed as just NRK`s demand that at least one Malayalee
official be there in Indian embassies in the Gulf region.
Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty said NRKs should
help promote `Emerging Kerala 2012,` the investment meet
proposed to be held next year.
Finance Minister KM Mani, Ports Minister K Babu,
Transport Minister VS Sivakumar and NORKA director and CEO
Noel Thomas also spoke.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!