Govt to probe report on leaking water disputes info: CM
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government will probe into the report by state police intelligence wing that an official of Tamil Nadu government had been "leaking" vital information from the Secretariat on inter-state water sharing issues by establishing contacts with officials here, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said.
The report had come to the government`s notice and a detailed probe was being carried out, Chandy told reporters last evening.
The government would examine the matter seriously and take necessary precautions, he said.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said details about the Tamil Nadu official would be revealed only after investigation.
The government would proceed cautiously on the investigation as it should not affect relations between the states, the minister said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’