Graft case: Petition against AK Antony dismissed
Kochi: The CBI Special Court here on Monday
dismissed a petition filed by CPI(M) Kerala secretary Pinarayi
Vijayan, an accused in the Rs 100-crore graft case, seeking
a direction to CBI to examine Union Defence Minister A K
Antony in the case.
Dismissing the petition, CBI special court judge K P
Jothindranath said the court cannot interfere in the case.
CBI had opposed the petition saying since the
chargesheet had been laid in the case, it cannot be reopened.
Vijayan`s counsel M K Damodaran, who is a former
Advocate General, had argued that all relevant documents
should be looked into by the investigating officer for a
The investigating officer should look at all material
documents till 2005 relating to the case, he said.
The case relates to the alleged corruption in the
award of contract to S N C Lavalin, the Canadian company, for
renovation of three hydel project in 1998 when Vijayan was the
According to Vijayan, who is the seventh accused in
the case, Antony was the Chief Minister till May 1996 and G
Karthikeyan was power minister then. The contract, including
the supply of materials and consultancy was concluded on
February 24, 1996 during the tenure of Karthikeyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report