Gujarat college student killed in mishap in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: A Gujarat college student was killed and four others were injured when a speeding car hit them in the city, police said on Monday.
They were here for the recently concluded national inter-collegiate cycling championship.
The hit-and-run incident occurred last night when the five, including the team coach, were returning to their room at the campus of Lakshmibai National College for Physical Education (LNCPE), where the cycling championship ended on Saturday, after having food from a nearby eatery.
Police identified the deceased as Vijay, 20, hailing from Jam Nagar in Gujarat. Three of his teammates -- Solanki, Bhoomika, Preeham -- and coach Sooraj were injured, and have been hospitalised.
The condition of Solanki, admitted to the medical college hospital here, was stated to be serious.
The car driver did not stop the vehicle after the incident and an inquiry was on to trace the car, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown