Guruvayoor temple staff suspended for assaulting devotee
Guruvayoor: An employee of the Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple was suspended Friday for assaulting a devotee, temple authorities said.
Temple board chairman TV Chandramohan told reporters here that an inquiry has been launched to find out about the incident and also about how the visuals of a devotee being assaulted were leaked to the TV channels.
The leaked TV footage of the April 23 incident has now been widely circulated. Following this, other devotees have come forward and narrated their experiences of rude and indecent behaviour of the temple staff.
A friction between temple employees - temple priests and others - and the temple administration is believed to be the reason why the visuals of the April 23 incident were leaked to TV channels.
State Congress president VM Sudheeran said it is high time that employees and the administration maintain an affinity towards the devotees.
"Yes, these things should not happen and it is the responsibility of the temple administrators to see that things go smoothly," said Sudheeran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog