Guruvayoor temple staff suspended for assaulting devotee
Guruvayoor: An employee of the Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple was suspended Friday for assaulting a devotee, temple authorities said.
Temple board chairman TV Chandramohan told reporters here that an inquiry has been launched to find out about the incident and also about how the visuals of a devotee being assaulted were leaked to the TV channels.
The leaked TV footage of the April 23 incident has now been widely circulated. Following this, other devotees have come forward and narrated their experiences of rude and indecent behaviour of the temple staff.
A friction between temple employees - temple priests and others - and the temple administration is believed to be the reason why the visuals of the April 23 incident were leaked to TV channels.
State Congress president V.M. Sudheeran said it is high time that employees and the administration maintain an affinity towards the devotees.
"Yes, these things should not happen and it is the responsibility of the temple administrators to see that things go smoothly," said Sudheeran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why