Guruvayoor temple staff suspended for assaulting devotee
Guruvayoor: An employee of the Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple was suspended Friday for assaulting a devotee, temple authorities said.
Temple board chairman TV Chandramohan told reporters here that an inquiry has been launched to find out about the incident and also about how the visuals of a devotee being assaulted were leaked to the TV channels.
The leaked TV footage of the April 23 incident has now been widely circulated. Following this, other devotees have come forward and narrated their experiences of rude and indecent behaviour of the temple staff.
A friction between temple employees - temple priests and others - and the temple administration is believed to be the reason why the visuals of the April 23 incident were leaked to TV channels.
State Congress president V.M. Sudheeran said it is high time that employees and the administration maintain an affinity towards the devotees.
"Yes, these things should not happen and it is the responsibility of the temple administrators to see that things go smoothly," said Sudheeran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation