Guruvayoor temple staff suspended for assaulting devotee
Guruvayoor: An employee of the Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple was suspended Friday for assaulting a devotee, temple authorities said.
Temple board chairman TV Chandramohan told reporters here that an inquiry has been launched to find out about the incident and also about how the visuals of a devotee being assaulted were leaked to the TV channels.
The leaked TV footage of the April 23 incident has now been widely circulated. Following this, other devotees have come forward and narrated their experiences of rude and indecent behaviour of the temple staff.
A friction between temple employees - temple priests and others - and the temple administration is believed to be the reason why the visuals of the April 23 incident were leaked to TV channels.
State Congress president V.M. Sudheeran said it is high time that employees and the administration maintain an affinity towards the devotees.
"Yes, these things should not happen and it is the responsibility of the temple administrators to see that things go smoothly," said Sudheeran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her