Guruvayoor temple staff suspended for assaulting devotee
Guruvayoor: An employee of the Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple was suspended Friday for assaulting a devotee, temple authorities said.
Temple board chairman TV Chandramohan told reporters here that an inquiry has been launched to find out about the incident and also about how the visuals of a devotee being assaulted were leaked to the TV channels.
The leaked TV footage of the April 23 incident has now been widely circulated. Following this, other devotees have come forward and narrated their experiences of rude and indecent behaviour of the temple staff.
A friction between temple employees - temple priests and others - and the temple administration is believed to be the reason why the visuals of the April 23 incident were leaked to TV channels.
State Congress president V.M. Sudheeran said it is high time that employees and the administration maintain an affinity towards the devotees.
"Yes, these things should not happen and it is the responsibility of the temple administrators to see that things go smoothly," said Sudheeran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode