Hate speech: CPM drops Mani from state committee
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) leader M M Mani, who ran into trouble for his controversial remark that the party had in the past eliminated its foes, was on Wednesday suspended from Kerala state committee of the party for six months.
The decision was taken by the party state committee, acting on the directive from the central committee which had recently asked the state unit to take further action against Mani, party sources said.
Mani was earlier removed as CPI(M) Idukki district secretary after his speech, in which he had stated the party had in Idukki drawn up a list of foes to be eliminated in the 1980s and three of them were done to death, caused huge embarrassment to CPI(M).
Ironically, Mani had made the speech at a public meeting called to explain to party workers that CPI(M) had no role in the murder of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan.
Several local and district-level CPI-M leaders had been arrested in connection with the murder case.
A criminal case had been registered against Mani against the backdrop of his "revelation" and his plea to quash the charges was rejected by Kerala High Court and Supreme Court.
When his reaction was sought, Mani told reporters that it was for state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan to say something on that but he would continue to work for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das