HC asks Italian marines to file a fresh affidavit
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday asked the
Italian counsel to file a proper affidavit in the case filed
by them, seeking to quash the FIR against two marines of
"Enrica Lexie" for allegedly shooting dead two Indian
fishermen off the Kollam coast last month.
Earlier, while hearing the petition filed by the Italian
consulate, the High Court had observed that there are various
defects in the petition and the affidavit was not proper.
While considering the Italian Consulate`s plea, Justice P
S Gopinathan found that the affidavit filed by the Marines,
who are now in judicial custody, was not proper.
The Court granted them time till March 30 to file an
affidavit signed by the Marines, now lodged in the Central
Prison in Thiruvananthapuram after being remanded to judicial
custody by a court in Kollam
The Court asked the Advocate General of Kerala to get the
signatures of the marines with the proper consent of the
Marines Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Gironi have
been arrested and charged with murder for allegedly gunning
down the two fishermen on February 15 off Kollam coast after
suspecting them to be pirates.
The case is being investigated by a special investigation
team led by the Kochi police commissioner.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read