HC asks Italian marines to file a fresh affidavit
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday asked the
Italian counsel to file a proper affidavit in the case filed
by them, seeking to quash the FIR against two marines of
"Enrica Lexie" for allegedly shooting dead two Indian
fishermen off the Kollam coast last month.
Earlier, while hearing the petition filed by the Italian
consulate, the High Court had observed that there are various
defects in the petition and the affidavit was not proper.
While considering the Italian Consulate`s plea, Justice P
S Gopinathan found that the affidavit filed by the Marines,
who are now in judicial custody, was not proper.
The Court granted them time till March 30 to file an
affidavit signed by the Marines, now lodged in the Central
Prison in Thiruvananthapuram after being remanded to judicial
custody by a court in Kollam
The Court asked the Advocate General of Kerala to get the
signatures of the marines with the proper consent of the
Marines Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Gironi have
been arrested and charged with murder for allegedly gunning
down the two fishermen on February 15 off Kollam coast after
suspecting them to be pirates.
The case is being investigated by a special investigation
team led by the Kochi police commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India