HC asks Jayarajan to appear in court on Nov 29
Kochi: Kerala High court on Monday issued notice to CPI(m) leader M V Jayarajan, asking him to appear in the court on Nov 29 in the Contempt case against him for criticising high court judges.
The order in this regard was issued by a division bench comprising justice A K Basheer and Justice P Q Barkat Ali on a Contempt petition filed by Advocate P Rahim of Thiruvananthapuram complaining that statement made by Jayarajan against a judge who passed an order banning conduct of roadside meetings amounted to contempt of court.
The court had earlier dismissed two petitions with the same plea after the petioners failed to convince the court regarding the maintainablity of the petitions.
Jayarajan, a marxist leader from Kannur, had used strong language against a judge who had imposed restrictions on conducting roadside meetings and processions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation