HC asks Jayarajan to appear in court on Nov 29
Kochi: Kerala High court on Monday issued notice to CPI(m) leader M V Jayarajan, asking him to appear in the court on Nov 29 in the Contempt case against him for criticising high court judges.
The order in this regard was issued by a division bench comprising justice A K Basheer and Justice P Q Barkat Ali on a Contempt petition filed by Advocate P Rahim of Thiruvananthapuram complaining that statement made by Jayarajan against a judge who passed an order banning conduct of roadside meetings amounted to contempt of court.
The court had earlier dismissed two petitions with the same plea after the petioners failed to convince the court regarding the maintainablity of the petitions.
Jayarajan, a marxist leader from Kannur, had used strong language against a judge who had imposed restrictions on conducting roadside meetings and processions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know