HC asks Jayarajan to appear in court on Nov 29
Kochi: Kerala High court on Monday issued notice to CPI(m) leader M V Jayarajan, asking him to appear in the court on Nov 29 in the Contempt case against him for criticising high court judges.
The order in this regard was issued by a division bench comprising justice A K Basheer and Justice P Q Barkat Ali on a Contempt petition filed by Advocate P Rahim of Thiruvananthapuram complaining that statement made by Jayarajan against a judge who passed an order banning conduct of roadside meetings amounted to contempt of court.
The court had earlier dismissed two petitions with the same plea after the petioners failed to convince the court regarding the maintainablity of the petitions.
Jayarajan, a marxist leader from Kannur, had used strong language against a judge who had imposed restrictions on conducting roadside meetings and processions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars