HC criticises VS remarks on judiciary in land grabbing case
Kochi: Kerala High court on Monday ordered a Vigilance probe into Kalamassery land grabbing case against a former gunman of the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and pulled up veteran CPI(M) leader, V S Achutanandan for his certain remarks against the judiciary in connection with the case.
Justice Harun-Al Rashid also criticised the government for its "inaction" in the land grabbing case against Salim Raj and ordered the vigilance probe.
The Judge directed that the inquiry should be completed in three months and progress report submitted in three weeks time.
Earlier, referring to Achuthananandan`s October 26 remarks that courts of law were afraid to name the Chief Minister in the land grabbing case, the Judge in his oral observations asked the 90-year-old Opposition leader whether he was aware of court procedures and wanted to know about his educational qualifications.
`Upto which class has he studied? Has he studied law?` an angry judge asked while hearing the petition by Sheriffa against Salim Raj.
`Let him come to court. What does he think about court procedures?, the Judge said observing "the court had allegiance or fear towards none``.
Achutanandan had said at Kadakampally that courts of law were afraid to name the chief minister in the land grabbing case. `Even courts are afraid to speak about chief minister`s link with the case`, he had stated.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city