HC criticises VS remarks on judiciary in land grabbing case
Kochi: Kerala High court on Monday ordered a Vigilance probe into Kalamassery land grabbing case against a former gunman of the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and pulled up veteran CPI(M) leader, V S Achutanandan for his certain remarks against the judiciary in connection with the case.
Justice Harun-Al Rashid also criticised the government for its "inaction" in the land grabbing case against Salim Raj and ordered the vigilance probe.
The Judge directed that the inquiry should be completed in three months and progress report submitted in three weeks time.
Earlier, referring to Achuthananandan`s October 26 remarks that courts of law were afraid to name the Chief Minister in the land grabbing case, the Judge in his oral observations asked the 90-year-old Opposition leader whether he was aware of court procedures and wanted to know about his educational qualifications.
`Upto which class has he studied? Has he studied law?` an angry judge asked while hearing the petition by Sheriffa against Salim Raj.
`Let him come to court. What does he think about court procedures?, the Judge said observing "the court had allegiance or fear towards none``.
Achutanandan had said at Kadakampally that courts of law were afraid to name the chief minister in the land grabbing case. `Even courts are afraid to speak about chief minister`s link with the case`, he had stated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India