HC criticises VS remarks on judiciary in land grabbing case
Kochi: Kerala High court on Monday ordered a Vigilance probe into Kalamassery land grabbing case against a former gunman of the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and pulled up veteran CPI(M) leader, V S Achutanandan for his certain remarks against the judiciary in connection with the case.
Justice Harun-Al Rashid also criticised the government for its "inaction" in the land grabbing case against Salim Raj and ordered the vigilance probe.
The Judge directed that the inquiry should be completed in three months and progress report submitted in three weeks time.
Earlier, referring to Achuthananandan`s October 26 remarks that courts of law were afraid to name the Chief Minister in the land grabbing case, the Judge in his oral observations asked the 90-year-old Opposition leader whether he was aware of court procedures and wanted to know about his educational qualifications.
`Upto which class has he studied? Has he studied law?` an angry judge asked while hearing the petition by Sheriffa against Salim Raj.
`Let him come to court. What does he think about court procedures?, the Judge said observing "the court had allegiance or fear towards none``.
Achutanandan had said at Kadakampally that courts of law were afraid to name the chief minister in the land grabbing case. `Even courts are afraid to speak about chief minister`s link with the case`, he had stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced