HC decides to frame charges against CPI(M) leader
Kochi: In more trouble for CPI(M) leader
M V Jayarajan, the Kerala High Court today decided to frame
fresh charges against him for allegedly making derogatory
remarks against the court and judges at a public meeting on
June 26 last year at Kannur.
A division bench comprising justices V Ramkumar and P
Q Barquat Ali said the earlier charge sheet filed was
incomplete and directed Jayarajan to appear in person on
The court also directed that copies of CDs of news
channels containing the alleged offending speech be given to
The court had on June 10 chargesheeted the Marxist
leader for criminal contempt after taking suo motu cognisance
of his remarks on judiciary and judges.
It had found that the terminologies used by Jayarajan
to describe judges were intended to "humiliate, scandalise and
lower the authority" of the court in the eyes of public and
also to interfere with administration of justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen