HC directs govt to reassess mass transfer of cops
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday
directed the government to reconsider en masse transfers of 75
police personnel in the state, saying it was in violation of
Disposing of a batch of petitions, Justice CT
Ravikumar directed the government to take a fresh
consideration on the transfer of police constables and head
constables after the new government took charge.
The government claimed that en masse transfers were
made on the basis of administrative exigencies.
The court said the transfers cloaking as
administrative exigency was "incorrect".
Earlier, the court had stayed the transfers but later
the stay was not extended and the transfers came into effect.
The judge said the transfers were in violation of
guidelines and it requires to be reconsidered.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum