HC directs IGP to seize phone records of Salim Rajan, relatives
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday directed Inspector General of Police to seize telephone records of Salim Rajan, former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in connection with dubious land deals alleged against Rajan.
The phone records of Rajan`s relatives should also be taken into custody, Justice VK Mohan said while admitting the petitions of AK Shariffa of Kochi and Premchand R Nair of Thiruvananthapuram, seeking CBI probe into the activities of Salim Rajan and his relatives.
The allegation against Rajan and his relatives was that they had tried to usurp about 1.16 acres of land at Kalamassery belonging to Shariffa and 45.5 acres of land at Thiruvananthapuram belonging to Nair.
The court also issued notices to CBI and state government and directed IGP and AGP (Intelligence) to seize and take into custody the revenue records and files relating to the two properties.
Rajan was suspended from service when the solar panel scam broke out when media reports surfaced that he had made and received calls from the accused Saritha S Nair.
According to the petitioners, Salim Rajan and his relatives had manipulated revenue records to usurp their land.
The case has been posted after 10 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered