HC directs state govt to inform stand on PIL
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday directed the state government to inform them of their stand on a PIL seeking a detailed inquiry on the corruption charges raised by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy against CPI(M) leader V S Achutanandan and his son.
Petitioner Abdul Haq of Kottakkal also sought a detailed inquiry by a special team headed by an officer not below the rank of DGP and direction to the government and the police to register a case if prima facie offence is made out.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice K Vinod Kumar sought the government`s views on the petition.
The petitioner alleged that there was inaction on the part of vigilance department in completing the inquiry against Achuthanandan, presently opposition leader in the Assembly, and his son V S Arun Kumar despite the fact that none other than the present Chief Minister was the complainant.
On March 1, 2011, Chandy, as the opposition leader, filed a complaint against then Chief Minister Achuthanandan, raising 11 charges against the Marxist veteran and his son.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you