HC dismisses contempt plea in Abhaya case gainst two officials
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday dismissed a
contempt petition against a CBI official and a former forensic
official in the Sister Abhaya murder case.
The contempt petition was filed by M Thomas, Abhaya`s
father, against CBI DYSP Nandakumaran Nair and former
Assistant Director of Forensic Science Laboratory, Bangalore,
Dr Malini claiming that they had failed to comply with the
court`s earlier direction that the original CDs of narco tests
conducted on three accused be produced in the court.
The three accused are Father Thomas Kottoour, Father Jose
Puthrikayil and Sister Sephy.
A division bench comprising Justice K Balakrishnan Nair and
P Bhavadasan dismissed the petition saying all possible steps
had been taken and there was no wilful disobedience of orders.
The bench said the direction was to take all steps to
retrieve the orginal, unedited video of narco test, which had
been complied with.
Sister Abhaya was found dead in the well of the St Pius
Convent in Kottayam in 1992 and police had earlier closed the
case as a suicide. The investigation into the case was later
taken over by CBI which filed three closure reports. But the
Kerala High Court declined to accept the reports and asked the
agency to investigate further.
CBI`s Kochi unit, which took over the probe from the
agency`s Delhi unit as directed by high court, arrested the
three on the charge of murder in November last year and filed
the chargesheet in the CJM court on July 17 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report