HC dismisses petition against `Kallimannu`
Kochi: Kerala High Court has dismissed a petition seeking to delete portions of the controversial film `Kallimannu`, which shows actress Shwetha Menon`s delivery.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice A M Shafique, which dismissed the petition on Wednesday, held that the actress had consented to the shooting of her delivery and there was no violation of her fundamental right.
The Censor Board`s submission that the film was reviewed by five women members after which it was decided to certify it as U/A category was recorded by the court.
The court pointed that the petitioner, Madasamy, had not seen the preview of the film and was not aware what was being screened.
The film, directed by Blessy, has not been released yet as some exhibitors are insisting that the delivery scene should be removed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test