HC dismisses petition against `Kallimannu`
Kochi: Kerala High Court has dismissed a petition seeking to delete portions of the controversial film `Kallimannu`, which shows actress Shwetha Menon`s delivery.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice A M Shafique, which dismissed the petition on Wednesday, held that the actress had consented to the shooting of her delivery and there was no violation of her fundamental right.
The Censor Board`s submission that the film was reviewed by five women members after which it was decided to certify it as U/A category was recorded by the court.
The court pointed that the petitioner, Madasamy, had not seen the preview of the film and was not aware what was being screened.
The film, directed by Blessy, has not been released yet as some exhibitors are insisting that the delivery scene should be removed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof