HC dismisses petition against `Kallimannu`
Kochi: Kerala High Court has dismissed a petition seeking to delete portions of the controversial film `Kallimannu`, which shows actress Shwetha Menon`s delivery.
A Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice A M Shafique, which dismissed the petition on Wednesday, held that the actress had consented to the shooting of her delivery and there was no violation of her fundamental right.
The Censor Board`s submission that the film was reviewed by five women members after which it was decided to certify it as U/A category was recorded by the court.
The court pointed that the petitioner, Madasamy, had not seen the preview of the film and was not aware what was being screened.
The film, directed by Blessy, has not been released yet as some exhibitors are insisting that the delivery scene should be removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen