HC disposes of petitions on Mullaperiyar Dam issue
Kochi: Kerala High Court today disposed of a
batch of petitions raising concern over safety of the
Mullaperiyar Dam after some petitioners expressed satisfaction
over measures taken by the state government.
The petitioners, including Opposition leader V S
Achuthanandan, had moved the court complaining of the
inadequacies of the safety measures.
However, when the case came up today, the petitioners said
they were satisfied with the steps taken by Government, which
was recorded by the divison bench, comprising Acting Chief
Justice Manjulla Chellur and Justice P R Ramacandra Menon.
Achuthanandan had sought a direction for calling the Army
Engineering Corps in case of an emergency situation.
The Central Government in an affidavit had submitted that
they will take immediate action as and when the situation
Only two writ petitions -- All India Lawyers Union and
Save Kerala Movement -- have to be disposed of.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch
- Indian money in Swiss banks drops by one-third to Rs 8,392 crore
- 'Kriti' makers to file defamation suit against Nepali filmmaker
- 'Deadpool 2' to go on floors early 2017
- Islamic State men were planning to attack police station in Hyderabad after making powerful bombs: Report