HC disposes of petitions on Mullaperiyar Dam issue
Kochi: Kerala High Court today disposed of a
batch of petitions raising concern over safety of the
Mullaperiyar Dam after some petitioners expressed satisfaction
over measures taken by the state government.
The petitioners, including Opposition leader V S
Achuthanandan, had moved the court complaining of the
inadequacies of the safety measures.
However, when the case came up today, the petitioners said
they were satisfied with the steps taken by Government, which
was recorded by the divison bench, comprising Acting Chief
Justice Manjulla Chellur and Justice P R Ramacandra Menon.
Achuthanandan had sought a direction for calling the Army
Engineering Corps in case of an emergency situation.
The Central Government in an affidavit had submitted that
they will take immediate action as and when the situation
Only two writ petitions -- All India Lawyers Union and
Save Kerala Movement -- have to be disposed of.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan