HC disposes of petitions on Mullaperiyar Dam issue
Kochi: Kerala High Court today disposed of a
batch of petitions raising concern over safety of the
Mullaperiyar Dam after some petitioners expressed satisfaction
over measures taken by the state government.
The petitioners, including Opposition leader V S
Achuthanandan, had moved the court complaining of the
inadequacies of the safety measures.
However, when the case came up today, the petitioners said
they were satisfied with the steps taken by Government, which
was recorded by the divison bench, comprising Acting Chief
Justice Manjulla Chellur and Justice P R Ramacandra Menon.
Achuthanandan had sought a direction for calling the Army
Engineering Corps in case of an emergency situation.
The Central Government in an affidavit had submitted that
they will take immediate action as and when the situation
Only two writ petitions -- All India Lawyers Union and
Save Kerala Movement -- have to be disposed of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda