HC disposes of petitions on Mullaperiyar Dam issue
Kochi: Kerala High Court today disposed of a
batch of petitions raising concern over safety of the
Mullaperiyar Dam after some petitioners expressed satisfaction
over measures taken by the state government.
The petitioners, including Opposition leader V S
Achuthanandan, had moved the court complaining of the
inadequacies of the safety measures.
However, when the case came up today, the petitioners said
they were satisfied with the steps taken by Government, which
was recorded by the divison bench, comprising Acting Chief
Justice Manjulla Chellur and Justice P R Ramacandra Menon.
Achuthanandan had sought a direction for calling the Army
Engineering Corps in case of an emergency situation.
The Central Government in an affidavit had submitted that
they will take immediate action as and when the situation
Only two writ petitions -- All India Lawyers Union and
Save Kerala Movement -- have to be disposed of.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what