HC disposes of petitions on Mullaperiyar Dam issue
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Tuesday disposed
of a batch of petitions raising concern over safety of the
Mullaperiyar Dam after some petitioners expressed satisfaction
over measures taken by the state government.
The petitioners, including Opposition leader VS
Achuthanandan, had moved the court complaining of the
inadequacies of the safety measures.
However, when the case came up today, the petitioners said
they were satisfied with the steps taken by Government, which
was recorded by the divison bench, comprising Acting Chief
Justice Manjulla Chellur and Justice PR Ramacandra Menon.
Achuthanandan had sought a direction for calling the Army
Engineering Corps in case of an emergency situation.
The Central Government in an affidavit had submitted that
they will take immediate action as and when the situation
Only two writ petitions -- All India Lawyers Union and
Save Kerala Movement -- have to be disposed of.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city