HC extends status quo order on reinstatement of Thachankery
Kochi: Kerala High court today extended the
status quo order regarding reinstatement of IGP Tomin J
Thachankery, who was suspended from service for undertaking a
foreign trip without informing the government, till disposal
of the case by Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).
The order in this regard was issued by a division bench
comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice S
Satish Chandran on a petition by the government seeking
extension of the interim order.
The High Court had earlier directed CAT to dispose of the
matter within four weeks. Thereafter, extension was also given
but the matter was not disposed within the extended period,
following which Thachankery`s counsel sent a notice to the
Chief Secretary demanding his reinstatement.
This prompted the government to file the petition for
extension of time.
Thachankery had approached CAT challenging the suspension
order but due to difference of opinion between two members of
the tribunal bench, the matter was referred to a full bench,
which after hearing the matter reserved its orders.
Thachankary was suspended when he was IG (Kannur) some
months back after he undertook a trip to the Gulf without
government permission, as prescribed by the service rules.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours
- TCS to be levied above Rs 2 lakh only if payment in cash: CBDT
- Locals, tourists trying to make drug-peddling a business: Goa CM
- Watch: Panaji Mayor Surendra Furtado, 6 others fall in creek during a de-weeding drive
- Three brothers, including two juveniles, gang-rape minor girl