HC extends status quo order on reinstatement of Thachankery
Kochi: Kerala High court today extended the
status quo order regarding reinstatement of IGP Tomin J
Thachankery, who was suspended from service for undertaking a
foreign trip without informing the government, till disposal
of the case by Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).
The order in this regard was issued by a division bench
comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice S
Satish Chandran on a petition by the government seeking
extension of the interim order.
The High Court had earlier directed CAT to dispose of the
matter within four weeks. Thereafter, extension was also given
but the matter was not disposed within the extended period,
following which Thachankery`s counsel sent a notice to the
Chief Secretary demanding his reinstatement.
This prompted the government to file the petition for
extension of time.
Thachankery had approached CAT challenging the suspension
order but due to difference of opinion between two members of
the tribunal bench, the matter was referred to a full bench,
which after hearing the matter reserved its orders.
Thachankary was suspended when he was IG (Kannur) some
months back after he undertook a trip to the Gulf without
government permission, as prescribed by the service rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves